Slot Thunderstruck Wild Lightning — Game Review
Thunderstruck 2 comes from Microgaming with all the power and might of the Norse gods. Summon earth-shaking free spins and conjure multipliers with wild magic.
Ride the rainbow road to Asgard and try to land a substantial 8,000x win! For the full details on the Thunderstruck 2 slot, read on.
Where to Play Thunderstruck 2 in America
Thunderstruck 2 Slot Symbols and Payouts
Thunderstruck 2 is a five-reel, three-row title with 243 paylines that pay left to right. Although its layout is similar to many other Microgaming slots, it’s with the unique features that Thunderstruck 2 differentiates itself.
Thor appears in all his muscle-bound glory, as does his magic hammer (and scatter symbol), Mjolnir. Odin the All-Father pops up with his ravens and can transform into wild symbols. Loki, the trickster, can use his wild magic to get you free spins and Valkyrie also nets you free spins.
There’s also a separate wild symbol (the game’s logo), the rainbow road to Asgard, a longboat, and rune-styled versions of A, K, Q, J, 10, and 9. These are the lowest paying symbols.
The four Norse gods all offer special features during a couple of bonus games, but they’re worth a decent amount of points even on their own.
Thunderstruck 2 Slot Min/Max Bets
Anyone wondering where to play Thunderstruck 2 should check out any online casinos that stock Microgaming slots. Many online gambling sites offer demo modes of slots, but if you want to take a spin on Thunderstruck 2 for real cash, you’ll be able to wager a minimum of $0.30 and a maximum of $60.
Thunderstruck 2 RTP, Volatility & Hit Frequency
The Thunderstruck 2 RTP is a reasonably high 96.65%, with low volatility and a hit frequency of around 32%, which roughly means every one in three spins could net you a win. However, these are all possibilities, and you may win more or less depending on how lucky you are.
Thunderstruck 2 Maximum Win
Thunderstruck 2 has the potential to win a staggering 8,000x your stake. Assuming you place a maximum bet of $60 and get lucky, this equals an astonishing $480,000. There are two main ways you could land this payout: through the Loki free spins bonus or the wildstorm bonus. More info on these is listed below.
Thunderstruck 2 Features
Thunderstruck 2 has a few unique features, including a nifty ‘Great Hall of Spins’ that gradually unlocks more and better bonuses.
The wild symbol is the game logo and is used in a few different ways.
Aside from substituting any symbol except the scatter (Mjolnir), wilds double wins when substituting. There’s also the chance for the wildstorm feature to kick in at any point.
When it does, lightning flows across the reels to turn five of them wild, thereby also bumping up the win multiplier significantly. However, free spins can’t be triggered during a Wildstorm.
Thunderstruck 2 Free Spins
Land three or more scatters to earn free spins. However, rather than simply getting free spins, Thunderstruck 2 uses scatters to unlock the most impressive bonus feature of the game: The Great Hall of Spins.
The Great Hall of Spins has four levels: Valkyrie, Loki, Odin, and Thor. A progress bar gradually fills up every time you trigger free spins, so the next time you enter the Great Hall, there’s always a chance you’ll have unlocked the next character. Each god comes with their own bonus, as shown in the screenshot below.
Thunderstruck 2 Special Features
Thor is, as you might expect, the most powerful god to unlock in the Great Hall. If you unlock his special feature, not only will you get 25 free spins, but Thunderstruck 2 enters a Rolling Reels mode.
This means that winning symbols are removed so that new symbols can take their place, thereby increasing the chance of adding to your win multiplier.
Graphics & Sound
The Thunderstruck 2 slot is a little barebone in the graphics department, in that the background is just a cold grey-blue stone texture, and the artwork is functional. The game does liven up when scatters land though, as lightning courses across the reels with the possibility of unlocking more winning symbols.
The sound fares a little better, as it starts minimal and ominous, before kicking into a dramatic orchestral score as you enter the Great Hall of Spins.
The game’s graphics also take on a different tone when in the Great Hall, with the background referencing the background of whichever character you’ve unlocked (as shown below).
Other Slots to Play If You Like Thunderstruck 2 Slot
Thunderstruck 2 is a popular entry into the realm of Norse god slots, but anyone looking for something flashier could try Asgardian Stones from NetEnt or Playtech’s Age of the Gods Norse: Gods and Giants.
Thunderstruck 2 Slot Review – Conclusion
What Thunderstruck 2 lacks in visual pizazz it more than makes up for in exciting bonuses and features. A Wildstorm round can happen at any point, which adds a welcome edge of excitement, and the Great Hall of Spins remembers your progress during a play session.
This latter feature is the best reason to recommend Thunderstruck 2, whether you’re a seasoned slot pro or just looking to take a few casual spins.
Online casinos in the U.S. offer a world of opportunities for local gamblers! With multiple casinos available to sign up with, how does one decide where to go? americancasinoguide.com is here to help make that decision a little easier.
- Casino Guides
- Gambling Stories
- Slot Machine Payback Statistics
- Online Casino Promotions
americancasinoguide.com is owned by Game Lounge Ltd, a Maltese company with organization number: C53144 and is completely independent of the gaming companies. Please note that third parties reserve the right to change or remove bonuses / promotions at short notice. americancasinoguide.com can therefore not be held responsible for any incorrect information. Always read the terms and conditions of the bonus at each casino carefully before playing.we only link to casinos licensed by US State Gambling Control Boards
© 2023 — americancasinoguide.com
By continuing, you give us permission to deploy cookies as per our Cookies Policy.
Thunderstruck Wild Lightning Slot
After the Fire Forge slot (2021) with the dynamite payout prospect of 50 000x the total bet, Stormcraft Studio released another volatile bombshell on Microgaming’s portal the same year – the Thunderstruck Wild Lightning slot machine. With their extremely High Variance, both projects are the new hit addition to the gaming giant’s portfolio.
5 of 5
By clicking I confirm that I am 18+.
Get 15 Free Spins No Deposit Bonus
Play Thunderstruck Wild Lightning Slot at Fastpay Casino
Detailed review about Thunderstruck Wild Lightning Slot
We already love their 40-liners: Fortunium slot (2018) and Dragon Shard slot (2019), so we are a bit prejudiced and with considerable expectations regarding the new creations of this South African game developing team that joined Microgaming’s family in 2018. Nevertheless, we are excited to see more of their future productions (we hear they have great network progressive jackpot ambitions), hoping to entice us with their craftsmanship even more after such strong initial titles. Our expectations are based on the prior projects that the Stormcraft Studio members participated in Avalon slot, Thunderstruck slot, Immortal Romance slot, and Mega Moolah slot. Full with exciting visual aspects, remarkable soundtracks, fantastic backdrop, effects and ambience for each feature, this new chapter in the Thunderstruck trademark line shows the dedication to quality and innovation of this game-dev group, desperately needed to survive in this competitive industry. The Thunderstruck Wild Lightning slot machine comes with the familiar Thor Multiplier Wild. Still, the new elements here are the Link & Win Re-spin, Sticky Symbols, 5 different types of Free Spins, supercharged Wild-storm and Wild-lightning features, and if that is not enough, the 4 in-game Jackpots Mini/ Minor/Major/Mega, priced at 25x/50x/150x/15000x the total bet, respectively. We are sure you don’t need more persuasion. Launch this stunning slot for free here on our site without registration, or if you are ready for the real thunder and storm, visit any of Microgaming casinos.
Personal testers’ opinion about Thunderstruck Wild Lightning slot
- Thunderstruck Wild Lightning is а top-notch online slot from the young Stormcraft team. It is by far one of the most thrilling games we had the honour to test and commend. Each and every detail – design-wise, provision-wise and feature-wise is executed with impressive mastery.
- The paytable is generous. The cycle length is very long, but this is usual for slots with high variance. The RTP is acceptable, however, check the warning at the end of our review.
- Sure the highest Jackpot is hard to be achieved, but Thunderstruck Wild Lightning stands out for triggering the Mini and Minor Jackpots rather often, which is a splendid surprise for all bettors.
- During testing, we’ve detected that in shorter sessions, the slot didn’t show great balance keeping. On the habitual way, significant bankroll increase is possible only with any of the special features.
- High-value combinations with x5 Wild(s) rarely came our way, whilst testing. And in general, the payoffs of the base game seem restricted to under 30x-40x the total bet (with no feature). Over longer distances, however, the slot makes up for the dead spins, and small/average payments by rewarding the FS feature or a huge/colossal win during the main game, via the Link & Win Re-spin function. This happened to us a few times when our collection of Thunderballs totalled over 100x the total bet.
- Although the FS are not often triggered, their potential is undeniably massive. It might take a while till you have all the options available, but once you do, your achievements are kept at your account history at the specific casino (per 1 casino ofc.). The average value of our FS winnings was 90x-130x the bet, and very rarely we’ve got 200x – 400x the bet. So, that’s what you can expect from this volatile game on a regular basis. But we can also promise that your heartbeat will often quicken and Thor will race to the rescue!
Slot’s symbols and features
- Usual 5×3 playing field with 40 fixed paylines.
- The 6 card symbols are at the low end of the paytable.
- The 5 rocks with various colours represent the high-end symbols.
- Thor is naturally the Wild symbol. 1 of the 2 top symbols, which substitutes for all others, but bonus symbols, and during the base spins may appear stacked randomly on the reels, and caries x2 or x5 Multiplier attached to the wins that participate in. During FS the Wild Multiplier has increased values.
- Scatter – Thor’s Hammer is the Free Spins activator if it comes like 3/4/5OAK. – This is the 2nd top symbol, which if drops in a pair, is gathered in the WildStorm 20 counter (left of the grid). When 20 pairs are collected this FS mode will be also available. 3+ Scatters open the FS selection, where preferred mode could be picked (out of 4+1 different FS modes), at a different game stage.
The exact values of all standard value symbols are laid out below:
- Link & Win Re-spin feature – The luminous orbs are the Thunderball symbols. The grant cash rewards and Mini, Minor, Major, and Mega Jackpots at the end of the Link & Win Re-spin function.
But first, you need to collect at least 6 orbs during 1 spin in the base game (the collector indicates them clearly left of the grid) in order to launch the feature. In the beginning, Thor with his power will come to open and enlarge a special in-feature grid (8×5), and you are granted 3 Re-spins, during which only Thunderballs will drop. If any of them land in an empty cell, will be locked till the end of the feature. Besides, with each new lock, the counter is set back to 3 Re-spins. The purpose is to unlock all the rows to the top. The ultimate situation is to have the entire grid filled with orbs, which will grant you the Mega Jackpot.
- Free Spins – Landing 3+ Scatters will secure your access to the FS selection screen with 4+1 options. Each mode has not only its specific elements assigned but also opens in a different stage of the Thunderstruck Wild Lightning game (as the table below).
- Provider – Stormcraft Studio (Microgaming)
- Payment lines – 40 (fixed)
- Volatility – High
- The default range of bets – 0.20 to 16 CAD
- Playing field – 5×4
- The maximum winning is – 15000x the total bet
- Bonuses – Wilds, Multipliers, Link & Win Re-spin, 4x fixed Jackpots, Multilevel bonus, 5 modes of Free Spins
- Free Spins – Yes, plus possible re-trigger
- Progressive Jackpot – No
- Gamble feature – No
- RTP – Default 96.10% (allows getting a positive mathematical expectation of winning at the casino)
|Release date||May 2004||May 2010||July 2021|
|Bet range||0.09-45 CAD||0.30-15 CAD||0.20-16 CAD|
|Max win (x total bet)||3333x||8000x||15000x|
|Slot rank Canada 2021||490||30||130|
How to win at the Thunderstruck Wild Lightning slot machine? (Conclusion)
We were extremely enthusiastic when playing the 3rd Thunderstruck instalment. Nonetheless, this as every other slot is constructed to gobble more money than it gives. So play carefully. Check the exact RTP offered for this slot at your favourite casino beforehand. And do not miss to test the slot in the DEMO variant, before depositing real cash.
Regarding bonus money wagering, we give neutral recommendations to use the Thunderstruck Wild Lightning slot machine. We also leave neutral recommendations for playing with real money (mainly because of the long waiting for the bonus round, and the small betting range). A substantial balance increase is only expected in 1 of the 5 bonus rounds. You should bear in mind the following:
- If you are resolute to gamble here, we convey the belief of sufficient starting balance needed – for 200x – 250x bets.
- You should stick here for long-length sessions. The game is immensely popular right now, so you can profit from always catching it in a hot mood.
- It is wise to rethink your game strategy in case you managed to increase your initial funds by 30% – 40%, or in case you lost more than 30% of your bankroll. In both instances, you better pause/break your session and get back another time.
The RTP of this slot is variable (between 92%, 94% and 96.10%, regarding the specific casino license). So check the exact return before you start your session!